I do not know if you have ever used memcached to speed up your websites, as a good solution, but when you start to have more servers, it happens that sometimes memcache is limited.
Recently, after reading an article in rynop Blog, I wanted to try membase (hours and part of the community of couchbase, an excellent database NoSQL) and I must say that it was much better than with memcached, here is a list of reasons why membase is better than memcached:
* Quick and easy installation in the clustering,
* No changes to application code (usually use PHP with PECL extensions). If you use all the advanced features of membase it still would need to slightly modify the code,
* Dynamic modification of nodes with no data loss,
* Two different types of storage (in membase are called buckets),
* Excellent Graphic User Interface (GUI) administration,
* Extensive documentation available,
* Broad community support.
No related posts.